Configuration example

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Hello,

I'm using an IVY repository to resolve my dependencies. For now I do this via nant (java -jar ivy.jar -ivy ivy.xml -settings ivysettings.xml -retrieve "${directory::get-current-directory()}\ReferencedDLLs\[artifact].[ext]" I installed your plug-in for Visual Studio (although I had to recompile it, because else I got an error at startup) but I'm unable to configure it well. Can you please give an detailed example of how to configure everything? I use http to download the binaries and thus my retrieve path is (http://myserver/Ivy/modules//[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[artifact-suffix]).[ext])

Looking forward for your answer.

Best regards,

TomVer

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Hi TomVer!

Sorry for late reply, i've been abroad for a couple of weeks.

I will try to get an answer to you back during the weekend!

Best regards,

Tomas

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Hello Thomas,

I'm looking forward for your answer as I would really like to have this plug - in up and running.

Best regards,

Tom Vergotte

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Just wanted to tell you that I havent forgotten you. Im just having alot of work during this week. I will comeback with some comments on monday.

Sorry for the delay!

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2011 at 2:45 PM
TomVer wrote:

Hello,

I'm using an IVY repository to resolve my dependencies. For now I do this via nant (java -jar ivy.jar -ivy ivy.xml -settings ivysettings.xml -retrieve "${directory::get-current-directory()}\ReferencedDLLs\[artifact].[ext]" I installed your plug-in for Visual Studio (although I had to recompile it, because else I got an error at startup) but I'm unable to configure it well. Can you please give an detailed example of how to configure everything? I use http to download the binaries and thus my retrieve path is (http://myserver/Ivy/modules//[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact](-[artifact-suffix]).[ext])

Looking forward for your answer.

Best regards,

TomVer

Okey! I have some spare time over let's see.

First of all. There is no retrieve command at the moment in the IvyVisual plugin. This is probably a coming feature.

What this plugin solvs is the following scenario.

You have a project a, which has a dependency to project b thru the ivy.xml.

The ivyvisual plugin will then if your projects is structured as the following on your harddrive:

.Root

..ProjectA

..ProjectB

be able to check what dependencies you have in project a, and then add project b to your current solution which a is in.

This is a scenario when you have multiple small projects which each has their own solution.

So if you question is how you will be able to retrieve dependencies thru the plugin. The answer is you can't.

Best regards, Tomas

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Hello Thomas,

That was indeed my question :-)

I will keep an eye on it and see if the feature ever comes into the plug - in . When I have time I might to add this myselve.

Thanks for looking into this question!

Best regards,

Tom

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2011 at 6:56 AM
TomVer wrote:

Hello Thomas,

That was indeed my question :-)

I will keep an eye on it and see if the feature ever comes into the plug - in . When I have time I might to add this myselve.

Thanks for looking into this question!

Best regards,

Tom

Actually i think this is very easy for you to do!

Since the last changes reverted this from the project, so if you look thru the history i think you will get a good look at how the retrieve command would be inserted again.

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Hey again!

I've added a retrieve command to execute. This will be executed at every project, in the project's folder with given configured command.

Could you please look at this and see if its enough. It's in the trunk.

I've tried it with our setup which works allright.

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Hello Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest sources and will try to investigate in the next days. I will keep you up to date.

Best regards,

Tom

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:47 AM
TomVer wrote:

Hello Thomas,

I just downloaded the latest sources and will try to investigate in the next days. I will keep you up to date.

Best regards,

Tom

Any news ?

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:51 AM

HI Thomas,

I'm sorry but I could not look at it yet. Currently I'm strugling to get a legacy VB6 application up and running on Windows 7.

After this task, I will look at this again, as this might help our current and future development...

Best regards,

Tom

Apr 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM

Hi Thomas,

I'm unable to build the solution because a file is missing. Can you please add it?

Error    1    Source file 'C:\Temp\ivyvisual-8406\trunk\IvyVisual\Commands\SolutionExplorerSelectedItemsRetrieve.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ')    IvyVisual

Best regards,

Tom

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM
TomVer wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I'm unable to build the solution because a file is missing. Can you please add it?

Error    1    Source file 'C:\Temp\ivyvisual-8406\trunk\IvyVisual\Commands\SolutionExplorerSelectedItemsRetrieve.cs' could not be opened ('Unspecified error ')    IvyVisual

Best regards,

Tom

That was wierd, it was stated as commited at my workstation.

I've added the file now.

Tomas

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2011 at 6:02 PM
TomVer wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Best regards,

Tom

Any news to share Tom ?

Its been a while.

May 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid I don't have any additional new to share. I got things up and running, but it did not work out immediatley and then off course, as usual, something urgent came in between...

I will try to continue this task this week as I won't be in the office next week. But I won't forget about this issue.

Best regards,

Tom